Sunday, February 14, 2010

Spreadsheets

1.Spreadsheets are used for record keeping. They were designed to replace paper based systems.

2. Some advantages of spreadsheets are that they are easy to use and they will calculate any equation entered in either one or every cell, it is also used to present information or illustrate diagrams.

3. The three functions of spreadsheets are: storing- numerical information can be inserted into a cell and can be found whenever desired. Calculating- spreadsheets calculate numerical info in any combination of cells. Presenting- showing info through a variety of charts and graphs.

I think spreadsheets are very supplemental in different types of work, whether it be adding up numbers are making a presentation. I think it is a easier more organized way to do things as well.

If I was a math or a computer teacher, I would make sure that my students were comfortable with using spreadsheets, but as a gym teacher (what I want to be) I will still incorporate spreadsheets in my classroom by using it as my grade book and class roster.

No comments:

Post a Comment